EDEKA Südwest builds state-of-the-art meat processing facility
One of the most modern and efficient meat-processing facilities in Europe was recently built in Rheinstetten (Baden Württemberg, Germany). At the facility, owned by EDEKA Südwest Fleisch GmbH top quality sausage and meat products are produced and then delivered to over 1,250 outlets of EDEKA Südwest from mid-2011 onwards.
Between the areas of production and dispatch, Vanderlande Industries has planned and organised a logistics system in close collaboration with EDEKA Südwest that fully meets the current and future requirements of the market. The system includes:
- Pallet high-bay storage system (3,000 pallet locations)
- 10 depalletising workstations (including two fully automated robot systems).
- 20-aisle QUICKSTORE HDS shuttle system (50,000 locations; 140 HDS shuttles)
- Conveyor system covering over 3,000m linking a variety of logistics areas
- Order picking area with over 570 flow racks distributed across 19 workstations
- Two PICK@EASE ergonomic order picking workstations (“goods-to-man” principle).
- Empty tote system
- Dispatch system consisting of a POSISORTER sliding shoe sorer
- Semi-automatic workstations to support the loading of roll cages
Thanks to the intelligent and flexible solutions from Vanderlande Industries, EDEKA Südwest’s high standards are guaranteed for the future. Its wide-ranging experience and high level of expertise, combined with innovative solutions and ideas, make Vanderlande Industries a strong and efficient partner to the meat industry.